Thursday, April 4, 2013

Summer Sunshine and the Beach!


Hello My Crafty Friends!
This is Teresa, from  the Create Enjoy Share blog!
. For the month of April, our theme at Our Kreative Karma is Sunshine, Smiles, Summer or things that make us smile.
My project today covers a little bit of all of that!
Now, for the very first time EVER, I am sharing with you a card that is <GASP>   NOT COMPLETELY FINISHED!  Oh my, Oh my!  Why would I ever do that, you ask?  My card is for a very special birthday of a very special person and just in case she happens to check this blog post I did not want to have the final sentiment and details on the card!
Now, that taken care of, let me show a photo of the almost completed project!
When this project is completed, I will have the sentiment on the left hand side of the card that is now blank!

Can you see why this card screams SUMMER, SUNSHINE AND SMILES to me?
I sure hope the recipient likes it, but it is everything that makes me smile and think of summer!
This card is called a Side Step Card.  I like that it gave me more surfaces to create on so when you view the card you see the various levels which almost created a "scene" type view to me.

You can see that the top "step" has a sunshine - which I cut several of and curved the edges.
The second step is a palm tree and some sand!  I love the beach and I don't get the chance to visit any beaches very often!
 and then the front step is a margarita!  I cut the top layer of this in velum so it looks like the glass
is slightly frosty from the frozen yummy beverage inside!
I also covered the backs of each of these cuts so it looked more finished.

I used bright, cheerful colors which just say "Summer, Fun, Happy,Smiles" to me!

I sure hope that the recipient likes this card!  She is having a "Big"  birthday and we will be celebrating at the Beach!  

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting! Please visit my blog as well!  I love to read your comments!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you added a Margarita Mama Bird!!! WONDERFUL touch! LOL! Great job on your card!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show me the sand and the water and I am in heaven!! That is really cute!! I'm thirsty too!! :) So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jessica and love that you did a margarita! Your cards are both so cool and you did an awesome job on them! I'm sure whoever you made them for will just love getting them!

    Susie
    http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why I thought there were 2 cards, my eyes aren't awake apparently this morning! :)

      Delete

We love your comments! Thank you for stopping by and getting your daily dose of Kreative Karma!